May 28, 2010

toadally cute

We found a cute little toad
hopping around in the grass.
I would have stepped on him
had he not hopped away...
startling me...
and causing me...
to let out a little...
yelp!
He was so cleverly camouflaged
by the grass
it was hard to follow him
as he hopped away.
But then...

my boys
put him in a box
so they could get
a closer look.

My youngest son Easton
had no qualms
about holding
the warty little fellow.
I...
however...
am WAY too squeamish
to touch a toad.
And besides...
if you touch a toad...
you'll get warts!!
RIGHT?!?!
Well...
I know
that is just
an old wives tale...
but...
it sticks with me!
It was so cool
to really get
a good
close-up
look
at the bumpy
little creature.

I don't know why it is...

but...

whenever my family finds

a frog or toad...

which isn't too often...

we just think

it's the greatest thing ever!

2 comments:

  1. i fond the same one like two days latter :)
    the kids favorite cousin Randall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy, thanks for stopping by my blog!! I really appreciate it! I think I am going to go back over to where we found that toad and look again too. If you found him too, he must have a little pad over there! how nice!

    ReplyDelete