July 3, 2010

Forever Young


Today, July 3rd, is my 40th birthday.
I don't really like the number, but I still feel the same as I did yesterday.
Wow....my 20's...whoosh! Where did they go?
Wow...my 30's...whoosh! Where did THEY go?
I better really start paying attention to where my days, and weeks, and months, and years go!!


Well, what I DO pay attention to is this:


I am happy to be alive.
I am happy to be healthy.
I am happy that I have my two boys.
I am happy that I have my husband.
I am happy that I still have my Mom and my Dad.
I am happy that I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers.
I am happy that I have my husband's family.
I am happy that I have my friends.
I am happy that I live in Pennsylvania.
I am happy to have a family that I love and loves me.
I am happy to have friends that I love and loves me.


And Soooo.....Happy Birthday To Me!

I bought myself one of those little containers of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream..."Imagine Whirled Peace"...it has caramel and sweet cream ice cream swirled with fudge peace signs and toffee cookie pieces! oh yummy!


I almost didn't buy it because I felt guilty. I thought about my kids and their cousins staying with us and my husband's face. I put the Ben & Jerry's back on the freezer shelf and started looking at half gallons. I looked and I looked, but none seemed as interesting. I went back to the Ben & Jerry's containers and thought to myself, "If I can't treat MYSELF to a Ben & Jerry's pint of Imagine Whirled Peace on my 40th birthday, I've got a real problem!" I put it back in the cart and I bought it!! Being a Mom, you ALWAYS, ALWAYS think of everyone else's happiness. I have to get over this, and sometimes think of myself a little more often. I have decided that I am going to eat my ice cream after everyone goes to bed. I would obviously never, ever eat it in front of everyone! And, besides, they all will get a nice piece of my birthday cake anyway! It's not like they won't get any treats!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh good for you! I didn't care so much for 40 either a couple years ago, but you know I'm more at peace with myself and happier than I've ever been. So who cares about the sprouting grey hair?
    Happy B'Day to you!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, thank you for the birthday wishes Suzanne! And yes, I do have sprouting grey hairs!! I keep pulling them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry bon, you've always had those stray gray hairs. Isn't it funny how moms' needs and wants always come last

    ReplyDelete