April 30, 2011

eggy breakfast



This is currently my favorite breakfast.

It's quick and easy to make.

Here' what ya do.

Saute some sliced mushrooms in melted butter or margarine. I use margarine because it won't burn so doggone fast.

Crack one egg over top of the mushrooms...right in the same pan.



Cook on low heat until egg whites are cooked...then cover egg to cook yolk to your liking. I like my yolk thick and just a little bit runny.



Slide the whole thing onto a plate.



Sprinkle with salt and pepper!



Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Darn, wish I had seen this an hour ago. Looks great I will try it tomorrow. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breakfast looks so good! I think I will try it tomorrow morning. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy!

    I am tempted to try that for dinner over a plate of white rice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of mushrooms and eggs for breakfast, but it does look yummy. Thanks Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made this for dinner last night. It was wonderful! Everyone should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Kathy, I'm so glad you liked it!! Thank you for letting me know that you tried it! Now, I am getting a hankerin' for it! Still have mushrooms in my fridge...I should make it again tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Martha Complex, you have a great idea there...over white rice would be really good! White rice is so versatile. The butter from the pan will ooze down over the rice! Oh, that would be good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Window on the prairie, hello, I guess now that I think about it..mushrooms and fried egg does sound different! LOL I don't even know what made me combine the two...but I'm glad I did. One of my favorite things to eat is sauteed mushrooms in butter! Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Birds, Bees, Berries and Blooms, thank you for stopping by! Wondering if you gave it a try?? If so, hoped you liked it. I am thinking about trying out some other eggy combinations very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made this for breakfast this morning. It was super yummy. I will definitely eat it again.

    ReplyDelete