December 10, 2013

special ornaments


Hello everyone! I've been absent from my blog for a few months now, and I have tried to get back to it a few times. I think what keeps me from writing, is that I am too conscious of what I THINK others want to read about and look at.  And that's just silly. So, I'm going to start again....and try to relax about it a little more. Enough said....onwards and upwards! Yay!

We put up our Christmas tree this past weekend. My youngest son, who is 12, kept asking to do it since December 1st. I hadn't been motivated yet...but finally, we got to it on December 8th.  My youngest son and I rearranged the furniture and brought the tree up from the basement while my hubby was at work for a few hours Saturday morning. 

He assembled the tree by himself and tested all of the lights. Him and I also did the not-so-fun task of putting the lights on the tree...no one here seems to like that part much...and no we don't have one of those pre-lit trees...this tree came to us before pre-lit. So, the best part.....hanging the ornaments...all of the stories that came out about each ornament....when we bought them, where we bought them, who bought them, who made them...lots of "oooooh, I remember this one"....and "here Dad, this one is yours, you put it on the tree". 


I have a few ornaments the boys made in grade school...not a lot...I don't know why other people have so many more than I do. I think  it depends on who you get for a teacher...(I guess). Anyhow, I really love the ones with their school photo....just to die for. Sooooo sweet! 


I'm sure my boys don't think these are sooooo sweet...probably roll their eyes...haha! ...but these ornaments warm my heart so much. I miss "them" so much. What I mean by "them" is their little tiny kindergarten selves. So sweet...so tiny...their little voices, little hands, little noses, sweet little smiles....oh my goodness....the best, just the best! Of course they are still so sweet and adorable...as they will ALWAYS be my babies!!

Most every year, after we put up the tree...we make a special shopping trip where we each pick out a special ornament. Tonight we are going to Pier 1 Imports...they always have awesome ornaments! We also need a new star for the top of our tree. Pier 1 is right near Starbucks...and my youngest son Easton is now in love with the hot apple cider. My hubby brought one home last weekend after doing some trail running in 20 degree weather! yikes! Easton tasted it and LOVED it! So, why do I have this feeling that after we stop at Pier 1, someone, or two, is going to be pointing at Starbucks and pleading! Oh my! We have created a monster! haha! Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all enjoy putting up your tree this year and having a lot of fond memories with each special ornament that's hung!!


39 comments:

  1. I'm soo glad you are back!! I'll guarantee that most of the people that read your blog. .will be glad with anything you write. .and really don't care what the content is :-) I have alot of people that visit my blog periodically for something special that they have googled. .a recipe, an image of one of our projects. .but the ones that I most care about. .are the ones that read it because love ME, not because of what I write. .but because of who I am, and the relationship that we have!! Thanks for your comment on my blog. .we'd love to have you read along whenever it works into your life!! Merry Christmas!! Hope you get some GREAT ornaments. .and an apple cider. .I live 2 hours from any starbucks. .and it is probably a good thing for my waistline AND my pocketbook. .cause I LOVE that kinda thing!! Enjoy your special family time tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie! I'm so glad you stopped by! I might join in with the Bible read-a-long. Starbucks is my "treat" to myself once in a while! It's too expensive to stop by frequently! However, I am lucky enough to have one within a few miles of my home....which, in and of itself, is very surprising! We live in a not-so-commercial county...we have your local Walmart, Kohl's, Michael's craft store, the local mall, Lowe's...things like that...but anything that I consider really exciting...haha,..no, we have to travel to the next county! haha! which, we live very close to the next county, but it takes about 25 minutes on the highway to get to "the hot spot" filled with every store you can imagine!

      Delete
  2. I have a lot of those home made ornaments hanging on my tree! They mean the world to me! I got my son and daughter a special ornament to hang on the tree every year. When my son got his own place I packed up all of his ornaments, so he would have them for his first Christmas tree. Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! Thanks for stopping by!! I really love the idea of passing on the special, yearly ornament gifts to your children when they move out and get a place of their own. I hope to do the same with my kids!! I know they will love that!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed your post. Glad you had fun putting up the tree. It is all of those little traditions that make Christmas special. Have fun looking for ornaments and drinking hot cider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie! Good to hear from you!! We had a great time at Starbucks and also found awesome ornaments at Pier 1. The kids enjoyed themselves!!

      Delete
  4. Bonnie, I am so glad you are back! It's fun keeping up with you on facebook, but you can write a lot more here. (And give me some of those great reciipes you are always doing.) I know you stopped at Starbucks. I saw the pictures. ;-) I haven't gotten my tree up yet, but need to do so SOON. It's so nice you have those ornaments of the boys when they were little. Yes, they all grow up so fast.

    Every year on my sister's birthday we go to the Christmas Shop in Kitchen Kettle Village in Lancaster County and buy an ornament each. It has become a tradition and we now have quite a collection. It's so much fun, isn't it.

    Have a good week! Kathy

    P.S. It's your blog. Stop worrying about writing what people want to read. Write what you want to write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy!!! Good to see you back here visiting my blog!! I'll be heading over to your blog too today! I like the tradition you and your sister have! I have always wanted to go to Lancaster!! If I get there...I will be sure to look up Kitchen Kettle Village! Ornaments are just so fun to shop for! It's like this tiny splurge that is so fulfilling! haha, love it!

      Delete
  5. mengobati penyakit polip hidung secara alami tanpa efek samping
    Obat Herbal Polip Hidung

    ReplyDelete
  6. CANNABIS DISPENSARY GOALS


    We are the most legit cannabis dispensary with both wholesale and retail weed for sale. Marijuana extract and thc cartridges are also available. We deliver in almost all states in the US and Puerto Rico. We are available in Canada, UK, USA, South America, Europe and Australia

    Pills and chemicals Online

    Pain killers

    marijuana extracts

    cartridges

    sativa strains

    spacemonkeymeds for sale

    pre rolls for sale

    indica strains for sale online

    Buy edibles online

    cbd oil online

    Buy vape pens online

    Buy wax online

    Buy dankvapes online

    Buy hybrid strains online

    Buy moonrocks online

    Buy carts with Bitcoin online

    cannabis products for sale

    sour diesel online

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are looking for a phone number to contact cash app support center, the you have landed on the right page. In the article below, we will tell you about Cash App and how to get support services for your accounts

    https://cashapphelp.online/
    https://cashapphelp.online/
    https://cashapphelp.online/
    https: // cashapphelp .online /
    https://cashapphelp.online/
    https://cashapphelp.online/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found great post such as your article, its gave me lot of information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great article. I like your theme.Thanks for sharing this informative content with us .what i m looking earlier keep up the good work it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is no more a painstaking process – thanks to digitizing software. The patterns are easily fed in embroidery software free and premium to produce designs, which are then fed into sewing machines for impeccable finish. ... Additionally, the embroidery stitching tool has needles to stitch in the pattern you pick.

    embroidery digitizing services

    ReplyDelete
  11. The contents you mentioned in the post are too good and very useful.dank labs I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating further.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WONDERFUL POST, IT REALLY HELPFUL TO ME. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for every other great article.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Keep up the good work!.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing this awesome content, it would be helpful

    ReplyDelete
  16. woooow, amazing blog to read, thanks for sharing, and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good to read this webpage, Its really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You really helped me by writing this article. I like the subject too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. GREAT ARTICLE,THIS WHAT TOTALLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post ! I am pretty much pleased with your good post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The article you shared, it was very interesting and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A lot more peoople must read his and understand this side of thhe story.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The full glance of your website is great, as neatly as the content material!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the helpful information you supply to your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'll bookmark your weblog and test again here regularly.

    ReplyDelete

  29. Great article. I’m dealing with a few of these issues as well

    ReplyDelete

  30. I am always searching for quality posts and articles

    ReplyDelete

  31. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and information

    ReplyDelete